28 August (Guest Preacher: Don Tinder)
- Sermon title: Lessons from a “stranger” on the Way to Emmaus
- Scripture: Luke 24:13-35
- Download: 28 August 2011 AUDIO
21 August 2011 (Pastor Roger Roberts)
- Sermon title: Commandment Six: Value Life!
- Scripture reading: Exodus 20:13 & Matthew 5:21-26
- Read: 21 August 2011 PDF
- Download: 21 August 2011 AUDIO
Introduction: Last Sunday we looked at the commandment to honor our father and mother, who are our “closest neighbors.” Today we come to the sixth commandment and will also see what Jesus says about this commandment in his Sermon on the Mount.
14 August 2011 (Pastor Roger Roberts)
- Sermon title: Commandment Five: One with a Promise
- Scripture reading: Exodus 20:12; Ephesians 6:1-4
- Read: 14 August 2011 PDF
- Download: 14 AUGUST 2011 AUDIO
Introduction: The first four commandments relate to how we are to love and worship the Lord God alone, and as we noted in the 4th commandment, to find our rest in him as we worship and work with him on his Day and every day. Today, with the 5th commandment, we begin the commandments that show us how we are to love our neighbor as ourselves, thus fulfilling the second half of the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:34-40; Mark 12:28-31).
7 August 2011 (Pastor Roger Roberts)
- Sermon title: Commandment Four: Remember to Rest
- Scripture: Exodus 20:8-11
- Read: 7 August 2011 PDF
- Download: 7 August 2011 AUDIO
Introduction: In review, the first commandment tells us whom to worship - God alone, with Jesus as Lord. The second tells us how to worship him, without images — in spirit and in truth. The third tells us that in place of images we have all we need for worship in the name and word of God, to be kept holy and sacred. And today, we’ll note when we are to worship, on the Sabbath, which is symbolic of all of life and time.