Sermon on JUNE 11 by Dave Navarra, OM Zaventem
Scripture: Acts 9:1-19
A Personal Encounter with Jesus changes our lives.
2) There is Light and darkness in our Encounters
Acts 9:3, 8-9
Our encounters may involve what feels like a dark tunnel but there is light at the end.
3) There is Unlikely help in our encounters!
Ananias was sent to be a blessing to Paul. Who has been a blessing in your journey with Jesus? Who can you be that blessing to?
4) Encounters Change our future
Acts 9:18-15 / vs. 26 Acts 20:24
An encounter with Jesus will make our past/present life styles hard to continue, but also reveal a new mission and purpose for our lives.
Note Card Challenge:
* Write out your “Encounter” story in 3 parts:
A) What was your life like before Jesus?
B) How did you encounter Jesus?
C) How is your life different today?
Download the sermon (save link as…) .
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION AND DISCUSSION
- Consider your story? What was your life like before Jesus, how did you encounter him and how is your life different?
- What surprises you about Saul/Paul’s conversion?
- Before the scales fell of Paul’s face he was in darkness do you feel like you are in a dark tunnel? What do you need to make it through?
- Are there people in your life that you think will never encounter Jesus? How can you pray for them?
- Who has been an Ananias in your life (helped you)? And who can you be an Ananias to (who can you help)?
Photo credit FreeImages.com/Vickie Mathews