Sermon on July 8 by Pastor Roland Eskinazi
Scripture: Mark 4:21-34
So how does the kingdom of God grow?
God’s kingdom spreads when we
1. SIMPLY SHINE THE LIGHT – AND DO NOT HIDE IT AWAY! (v21-25)
- Light is intended to push the darkness away
The more Jesus light fills your life, the more real and authentic you become.
- Hiding the light is losing the light
Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance.
Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.
2. PATIENTLY SOW THE SEED – AND WATCH IT GROW! (v26-29)
- Kingdom- growth is always guaranteed
History is witness! When you sow the seed of the gospel, it sets in process a motion that cannot be stopped.
Attempt great things from God and expect great things from Him
William Carey, the ‘Father’ of the Modern Missionary movement
- You cannot speed up what is gradual
Allow for God to do His work in His time – Grace in the blade; grace in the ear, and eventually full corn in the ear.
3. WHEN HE EXPANDS THE SMALLEST TO THE BIGGEST OF ALL! (v30-34)
- What goes into the ground is bigger than all
What looks like almost nothing (mustard seed) is unrecognizable when it sprouts into a large tree.
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies it remains only a single seed. But if dies it produces many seeds.
- Stand on the shoulders of Jesus – and work for the King
The birds (nations) that flock to the tree do not support the tree. The tree supports the birds!
When we serve the Lord, it is not in vain – we have an unstoppable, mighty cause working for us and in us.
Are you shining the light of Jesus and standing on His shoulders, or will your indifference rise up against you when the kingdoms of this world become the kingdom of our God?
The fulfillment of the kingdom that has come in Jesus is more certain than death or taxes. Let us serve Him gladly!
Download the sermon (save link as…) .
Photo credit FreeImages.com/myles davidson