The 24H Prayer Chain is part of a larger global movement of prayer. The aim is to involve the church in personal and community prayer, experiencing the power and the blessings of the Holy Spirit: “you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 2:5).
How does it work?
It’s very easy: you simply register for one slot of one hour (or more) and commit yourself to the Lord to pray during this time. This can be at home or wherever you are, alone, in your family, with a partner or friends.
How to register?
- By email to Françoise
- At IBC, downstairs in the Fellowship Hall after the service.
How to pray for one hour?
You can divide your hour into different time frames:
- Time for reading a special, inspiring verse or Scripture passage
- Time for listening to the Lord and meditating on the verse or passage
- Time for confession
- Time for praise
- Time for personal petition for your needs
- Time for intercession for others
- Time for a song to the glory of God.
The next 24-hour prayer in IBC is October 6-7, 2012
In the meantime, here’s a video to inspire you to join the 24-hour prayer movement: