Sermon on JANUARY 10 by Pastor Roland Eskinazi
Scripture: Psalm 67
- What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
- What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
- What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
- In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
- What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
- What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
- For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
- What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
- What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
- What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
(‘10 Diagnostic Questions to Ask Yourself at New Year’ : Don Whitney)
If you would pray for what matters:
- PRAY FOR MORE DEPENDENCE ON GOD’S GRACE! (v1)
– We will pray earnestly when we know we are helpless (Heb. 4:16)
– We will pray favorably when we pray together
“We prayed for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon ourselves and the surrounding country. That was the one great object and burden of our prayers. We held right to the one thing and did not run off to anything else.’ (1859 Revival in Ulster, Northern Ireland)
- PRAY FOR MORE DESPERATION FOR GOD’S MISSION! (v6)
– Expect great things by the power of God in us
– Attempt great things with the power of God through us
Remember! God loves to teach us how to use our weapons. Will you lay hold of God in this week? There may be many ways we could make 2016 different from last year. Let us begin with prayer, ‘so the land may yield its harvest and all the ends of the earth may fear Him’!
Download the sermon (save link as…) .