Sermon on March 26 by Dave Navarra, OM Zaventem
Scripture: Matthew 14 : 22 – 33
To Step out of the Boat…
1) Discern God’s Call & Take the step (vs. 25-29)
- Become Familiar with the voice of God who says “I AM” – Exodus 3:14
2) Manage Failure through Grace of the Cross (vs. 29-30)
- It is by grace you have been saved – Ephesians 2:8-9
3) Battle distractions by keep your eyes on Jesus (vs. 30-32)
- Fix your eyes on Jesus – Hebrews 12:1-2
What “boat” do you need to step out of to draw near to Jesus?
Download the sermon (save link as…) .
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION AND DISCUSSION
Re-Read Matthew 14:22-33
- What boat do you need to (or continue) to step out of?
- Share what usually holds you back from having faith to step out?
- What distractions are keeping you from fixing your eyes on Jesus?
- Are there practices (habits or disciplines) that would help you better remain focused on Jesus this week? What might they be?
Photo credit FreeImages.com/Maggie Ayame