Sermon on October 15 by Dave Navarra, OM Zaventem
Scripture: John 13:1-17
1) Service is intentional and humble (Vs. 1-6)
Jesus intentionally chose to serve, humbling himself he loved us.
Philippians 2:7 …he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
Why did Jesus serve? To express His great love!
2) Service won’t make cultural Sense (Vs. 7)
Following Jesus’ example is counter culture.
Matthew 20:26 …whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant.
3) We have an example of Service (Vs. 12-15)
We serve because Christ first served us.
Don’t’ forget, Jesus is our substitute before he is our example.
Where are you or can you begin to regularly serve in the ministries around us?
Download the sermon (save link as…) .
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION AND DISCUSSION
- How would you react to Jesus wanting to wash your feet?
- How does what Christ has done for you on the cross motivate your worship and service? Does it?
- For those whom have served somewhere on a regular basis, what was your experience?
- What holds you back from regularly serving in the body of Christ?
Photo credit FreeImages.com/Wimolmas Poklin