Sermon on December 17 by Pastor Roland Eskinazi
Every Christmas can be a struggle to keep our hearts focused on the Christ of CHRISTmas.
1. JESUS’ IDENTITY – WHO HE IS! (v14)
- Jesus was as human as you and me ‘ The Word became FLESH..’
Through the fragility of a single life, our Creator knows us from the inside out.
- Jesus enjoyed and endured like you and me
Jesus has entered into every joy that thrills our hearts, every confusion know to man. He is God’s love with skin on!
2. JESUS’ HISTORICITY – THAT HE IS! (v15,16)
- Jesus is the central fact of global history ‘He who comes after me IS greater than me’ (John the Baptist)
Do not be apologetic about Jesus. That He lived, died and rose is true for you, your neighbor, a Muslim living in Riyadh or a Taoist living in Japan
- Jesus is the crucial fact of biblical history
‘First Confucius was a teacher, and Christ is a Savior. China needs a Savior more than she needs a teacher. In the second place, Confucius is dead and Christ is alive. China needs a living Savior. In the third place, Confucius is going to stand before Christ and be judged by Him. China needs to know Christ as Savior before she meets Him as Judge’
(C.K. Lee, Chinese Christian leader)
3. JESUS’ MISSION – WHAT HE CAME TO DO! (V17, 18)
- Jesus alone embodies the grace that we need
‘..grace AND truth came through Jesus’
Are you tempted to say, ‘I wish I had another chance at life?’ All our wasted years, sins and poor choices are answered by grace upon grace.
- Jesus uniquely reveals the truth of grace
Since only Jesus cannot stretch the truth about God, only He is therefore the Way to God and the Life from God.
Remember! Jesus shows us that we were made for something much bigger. Not just for a power that embraces the world. But for a divine person who became a baby in a manger, a boy in a carpenter’s shop, a man among men and the one who bears the sins of the world. Make more and more of Jesus this Christmas!
Download the sermon (save link as…) .