Sermon on December 23 by Pastor Roland Eskinazi
Startled shepherds! Singing angels! All to tell us about God’s favour in Jesus. So what is this favour?
1. GOD’S FAVOUR – ITS SURPRISING ANNOUNCEMENT! (Luke 2:8-12)
- When God speaks, He finds the last first
God’s favour is not fussy – it is given to the last people we would expect,
…and because He is outrageously generous!
- When God speaks, you can’t stop the song (Zeph. 3:14)
Living in God’s favour does not mean changed circumstances Shepherds go back to their fields!
It does mean the smile of God: ‘He will be quiet in His love towards you’
Celebrate life – In Jesus, the Triune God comes to serenade you, to sing to you and over you.
2. GOD’S FAVOR – ITS SECURE BASIS!
- God’s favour is bigger than our enemies (Zeph. 3:15)
Without jesus we are prisoners to unbelief, foolishnes and deceptive lies of the devil.
In Jesus our Emmanuel, God is with and for us.
- God’s favour is greater than His pardon
When God intervenes in Jesus, favour is not just what no longer condemns us, but what we carry with us.
3. GOD’S FAVOUR – ITS ONGOING CALL!
- Know Jesus – and simply be (Luke 2: 16)
Just like the shepherds, we are to worship first, worship second and worship third
Are you in Christ? If so you are not in Him 60% or 90% but 100%. If so, boasting in Him will drive out any fears.
- See Jesus – and go and tell (Luke 2:17-20)
Don’t draw a line between worship and evangelism. The first flows into the second.
When you adore Jesus, you will be His song to your world.
Are you in on God’s favour? You don’t have to have a picture-box life but a sense of your need. This Christmas adore adn worship, go and tell.
Download the sermon (save link as…) .
Photo credit FreeImages.com/Ivo Ruijters