Sermon on July 28 by Ron Michener
Scripture: 1 Cor 12:12-31a
- Fitting in?
- Can other things “out community” the Church?
- Unity is linked to humility
1. Body parts . . . with a limp. (see 1Cor 12:12-13 NIV)
- Many parts, one Spirit!
- Body parts work together, as with the body of Christ.
- How and where do you fit in?
- “Lose your Swag and embrace your limp”
– Scott Sauls
2. Body Parts need other parts. (1Cor 12:14-26 NIV)
Equal concern among the weak and the strong (see vss. 21-25)
Common suffering/ rejoicing (v. 26)
3. Body parts have gifts. (1Cor 12:27-31a NIV)
Conclusion & Key Idea
Let’s lose our swag, embrace our limp, and find strength with each other for the sake of Jesus!
Photo credit FreeImages.com/Michal Zacharzewski