Dear IBC Family
We trust that wherever you are you experienced a blessed Christmas! Let us pray for a New Year that will bring us all closer to Christ and His purposes for us and the world.
Please note the following:
- This means that the church prayer meeting will take place (not on Sunday 3 January as is normally the case), but on Sunday 10 January.
- However if you are in Brussels please join us on: 3 January at 10.00 am as Frans Meintjes leads a session before the service on the subject of ‘Fasting – Why and How?’
- Apart from our Men’s Prayer Meeting on Wednesday 13 January at 7.15 a.m., we plan two other prayer meetings (for an hour) over the week. Wednesday 13 January 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm and Friday 15 January 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm. Please make every effort to join us for at least one of these times of calling upon the Lord.
The elders call upon the IBC Brussels family to pray for:
- Personal and kingdom growth: that God will expand His kingdom in Belgium and the world in and through us.
- Europe – for spiritual awakening and revival so that God’s truth and gospel may sweep across the continent through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- ‘Ready for the Future’ Faith Promise. Praise the Lord that we have attained just over 50% in pledges of the target of 100 000 euros! We have under a month to go…Ask the Lord to continue to give us what we need to bless others through good stewardship of the building.
NB Please do not replace your regular tithes and offerings with the Ready for the Future brown envelopes. A good practice is to give at least 10% of your income to the ministry and mission of the local church so that our faith promise is just that – giving above and beyond, stretching ourselves to prove God’s faithfulness.
E.M. Bounds said: “The Gospel cannot live, fight, conquer without prayer—prayer unceasing, instant and ardent.”
May Christ be glorified in our lives, church and in our needy world
In His grace
(on behalf of the elders, IBC)
Photo credit FreeImages.com/James Chan