Sermon on July 23 by Youth Pastor Mattias Demaerel
Scripture: Luke 24 : The Greatest Bible Study Ever Told
- Jesus claimed that the Old Testament revolved around Him: “Moses wrote about Me” (John 5)
- The apostles recognized and furthered this claim: “According to the Scriptures” (1 Cor 15)
- The Old Testament contains hundreds of ‘Messianic prophecies’: “So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets” (Matt 4:14). Of all the arguments for a Christian theistic worldview, this prophetic argument is by far the strongest.
- But what did Moses write about Jesus? Where is Jesus in the Torah and the rest of the Old Testament?
- St. Jerome: “Christ will not say to me what he said to the Jews: You erred, not knowing the Scriptures and not knowing the power of God. For if, as Paul says, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God, and if the man who does not know Scripture does not know the power and wisdom of God, then ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ.”
- They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?” (Luke 24:32)
Download the sermon (save link as…) .
Photo credit FreeImages.com/ReneYoshi